Chemical Process & Production
Managing all processes along the production line to ensure smooth product manufacturing.
Job characteristics and introduction
- The flower of the chemical factory, Production Master
- Production in a factory is the foundation of company management as it is directly linked to the organizational performance. The company's management performance depends on the annual production volume, which is the most basic element of management goals. We perform tasks such as developing plans for process management to achieve stable production volume, managing production costs, reducing production costs, and developing cost-saving ideas. Additionally, we contribute to achieving "Zero accidents" in environmental safety through the improvement of the operating manual for the process and providing training to site managers and workers.
- Basic knowledge of chemical and polymer engineering
- The minimum competency required in production work is a working knowledge of chemical engineering and polymer engineering. In order to produce goods, it is necessary to have a theoretical understanding of the series of processes through which the raw materials required for product production undergo chemical reactions and become finished products. Through this understanding, acquiring production technology as an engineer can be possible.
- Leadership, cooperation, communication
- For smooth product production, timely and accurate decision-making that is appropriate for the situation is important. Swift direction-setting based on accurate judgment regarding equipment malfunctions is the lifeblood of the factory in terms of production. In order to operate production equipment stably, smooth communication and cooperative spirit are essential. All work in the factory is like a set of gears and requires organic flow. Acquiring production knowledge for fostering leadership and promoting smooth communication between employees will be a great help in job performance.
To produce high-quality products, a series of processes are managed.
Samyang Innochem BPA Production Team, Staff
- Q1 Please introduce this job and explain what tasks are mainly performed in the position.
- Production management (process management) is the work of managing a series of processes to produce high-quality products based within the annual production volume. Production management contributes to process stabilization through data analysis of the process. By eliminating the causes of disruptions in production equipment in advance and improving them, the work of producing high-quality products is carried out. Based on this, the management of raw materials, auxiliary materials, utilities, etc. is also managed to contribute to cost reduction ideas and manufacturing costs. Production management refers to all these tasks aimed at achieving the annual production volume that directly impacts business performance.
- Q2 What are the competencies required to perform this job?
- I think the most directly related majors to production management (process management) are chemical and polymer engineering. Additionally, in order to acquire knowledge of equipment used in the production process, it is necessary to have a mechanical engineering approach. Also, since there are tasks that require analysis of quality, majors related to quality management can be helpful in performing the job. Samyang is a company centered on production technology-oriented engineers, and the role of those majoring in chemistry is important.
- Q3 Please say a word to the juniors who will pursue their dreams in this job.
- If you want to fulfill your dream with a production management job, you will need to be a talented person who wants to grow together with yourself and the company by constantly thinking and learning while fulfilling the given task responsibly. This is because the production management role requires optimizing processes and improving productivity and efficiency. In addition to knowledge of the processes, knowledge of environmental and safety regulations that are increasingly being strengthened is also required to manage optimal processes while complying with these regulations. Even in automated factories, the role still requires communication with various employees, so we expect applicants who can respect others and collaborate well with them.
Samyang Group Production Management Job | Samyang Corporation Jeonju EP QA Department
Experience a day in the life of a Samyang production management expert who manages optimal product quality.