Delivering products to our customers reliably through an optimal logistics network.
Job characteristics and introduction
- Improving logistics services through a stable supply infrastructure.
- The logistics team supports the stable delivery of products to customers nationwide. Samyang's logistics operations are divided into logistics center operations and factory shipping operations. The logistics center is responsible for storing and transporting refrigerated and frozen foods for the food ingredient business, as well as material products produced in food factories. It has a network that can deliver nationwide by the next day. To strengthen logistics competitiveness, we are optimally operating and managing the logistics network and proactively responding to external environmental changes.
- ‘Supply Chain Management Thinking’ competence that considers everything.
- Logistics requires an understanding of the group's overall business processes to respond to various environmental changes in the field and solve problems that arise. In addition, having an interest in domestic and international social trends and related regulations would help broaden my perspective.
- Communication competence that considers internal and external customers.
- Communication skills are required for smooth communication with related departments and partner companies. To support business department decision-making, it is important to accurately analyze requests and engage in mutual consultation. Having a listening attitude and a willingness to actively improve problems would be helpful in logistics work.
Developing export logistics operation plans in conjunction with the overseas sales department.
Samyang Corp. Logistic Team, Staff
- Q1 Please introduce this job and explain what tasks are mainly performed in the position.
- Samyang's logistics team is in charge of group logistics strategy planning through domestic and international market analysis, cold chain for food ingredients, and logistics center operation and factory shipment tasks. Among them, as a member of the logistics team at Samyang, I am responsible for the export and import logistics. I monitor the group's shipping and air flight issues for export/import and work with the overseas sales department to establish export logistics operation plans.
- Q2 What are the competencies required to perform this job?
- Since logistics operations require close communication with related departments such as sales and production within the group and with customers, communication abilities are important. Furthermore, analytical thinking and insight are needed to find inefficiencies in the entire process, optimize them, and develop efficient strategies.
- Q3 Please say a word to the juniors who will pursue their dreams in this job.
- I think many of you may face difficulties and frustration while preparing for your first employment. In my case, I was able to join Samyang by receiving advice through mentoring and employment counseling both on and off campus, improving my self-introduction content, and preparing for interviews while listening to the stories of seniors working in the same industry. If any of you are struggling with job preparation alone, I recommend seeking help from those around you. It's possible that your job search may be slower or more difficult than your friends, but don't be discouraged. If you continue to work hard until the end, I encourage you to believe that there will be good results! Always stay positive and keep it up! :-)