Being involved in all areas related to the product, from setting business strategies to promoting it.
Job characteristics and introduction
- Total coordinators
- When people hear the word "marketing," they might think it's mainly about advertising. However, in the case of Samyang's material marketing, it can be labelled as total coordinators who cover all areas related to the product. The Food Marketing team is involved in all aspects of product-related work, including product promotion, brand management, market research, profit management, setting business strategy direction and follow-up (sales strategy, new businesses, new products, global expansion, etc.), goal setting, and more.
- Communication skills
- As a marketer, you will be collaborating with various departments such as R&D, sales, production, planning, and strategy. Effective communication skills are essential in this role as you will be leading and coordinating collaborations across different teams.
- Business acumen
- Marketing is heavily involved in overall business strategy. It is important to have the capability to analyze and interpret the overall business, including B2B material sales strategies, new business and new material development, and global expansion strategies.
- Professional expertise
- Marketing requires specialized knowledge depending on the characteristics of the product. For example, technical expertise is required for marketing specialty materials, while global marketing requires proficiency in foreign languages. Additionally, proficiency in business management and planning is necessary for profit analysis and business strategy development.
Increasing material sales through PR, strategy development, and profit management tasks.
Samyang Corp. Material Marketing Team, Assistant Manager
- Q1 Please introduce this job and explain what tasks are mainly performed in the position.
- Marketing is a broad field that covers tasks ranging from big-picture business development to detailed profit improvement and practical promotion tasks by product. Samyang’s material marketing team is composed of various tasks. Broadly speaking, it is composed of PR, strategy, and profit management. PR promotes the materials the company wants to develop through exhibitions, digital channels, and seminars to customers. Strategy encompasses setting sales points to increase material sales, initial setup for new business/new products, business development, and reviewing plans for global expansion. Additionally, marketing teams manage product-specific production and profit management. You can think of the material marketing team as responsible for all tasks that contribute to and manage the sales and profits of their assigned products.
- Q2 What are the competencies required to perform this job?
- Marketing involves collaborating with many related departments such as R&D, sales, production, and planning, so communication skills that can listen to the perspectives of all departments are essential. Furthermore, it requires a broad understanding of the overall food business operations. Additionally, as global expansion is constantly pursued, having English communication skills and overall knowledge of food materials will be a great help in carrying out the tasks.
- Q3 Please say a word to the juniors who will pursue their dreams in this job.
- Marketing is a department that is closely related to the overall operation of a business. From promotion to strategy and profit management, it is a department where you can see the big picture of the company's business. Although it may seem like a complex job involving many tasks and related departments, you can confidently say that it is a job that takes on a central role in the company's business and gives you the profound pride of "I am leading this business." We look forward to meeting you at Samyang's material marketing team.