Sourcing competitive products and managing sales and revenue.
Job characteristics and introduction
- A one-person factory in the business unit.
- Much like manufacturing and selling products using company resources, the sourcing task involves sourcing competitive products that can be sold in connection with our company's products and discovering new overseas brands to contribute to the company's revenue and profits. It's not just about sourcing products, we also support sales activities to ensure that new products can be established early on, plan and manage promotions, and are responsible for the sales and profit management of the products we handle.
- Profit Mindset
- The reason for sourcing products is to contribute to the company's profits through sales. A profit mindset is an essential skill from calculating the cost of sourcing products to deriving profits, and having a basic understanding of profits helps perform tasks in the field.
- Communication skills (negotiation skills) and global competence
- Negotiation skills with suppliers are essential for sourcing and developing competitive products. Since suppliers can be domestic and overseas, global competence is also essential. If these two skills are in place, it can help the company source competitive branded products.
Taking responsibilities for the entire process from planning and sourcing products to sales
Samyang Corp. 1st Product Sourcing Team, Assistant Manager
- Q1 Please introduce this job and explain what tasks are mainly performed in the position.
- The task of sourcing is to be responsible for the entire process from analyzing market trends through market research, understanding industry trends to planning and sourcing products, and delivering them to consumers. The sourcing job consists of a variety of tasks. It can be classified into the fields of sourcing trendy items to enhance sales, a Provider field that procures products requiring sales, and the field that leads trends by developing products that are not in the market. Based on this, we perform tasks that contribute to the company's sales and profits.
- Q2 What are the competencies required to perform this job?
- The sourcing job is called MD (Merchandiser), and it requires various capabilities as it performs a wide range of tasks, with the interpretation of 'doing everything.' To perform the job smoothly from product planning to marketing and sales, basic knowledge of business administration is required, and to source global products, knowledge of international trade and economics to anticipate risks related to exchange rates is also necessary. Furthermore, knowledge of food engineering is also required when developing products. Based on this knowledge, collaboration with various departments within the company is necessary to perform the duties.
- Q3 Please say a word to the juniors who will pursue their dreams in this job.
- The sourcing job is not simply a job of purchasing products. It has a significant responsibility to contribute to the company's profits from sourcing to sales. Therefore, the ability to quickly analyze changing market conditions, read trends, and connect the sourced products to sales and profits is essential. Therefore, we need a talented individual who can work responsibly from sourcing to sales and has a meticulous profit-oriented mindset as they are responsible for the company's profits and excellent communication skills with both internal and external personnel are preferred. Finally, Sourcing is an attractive job that is recognized in the industry as many tasks need to be done. We hope that you can fulfill your dreams at Samyang.